Friday, June 11, 2010

the virgin blog

hello everyone...
welcome to wendy's world. this is a little space i've carved for myself and for anyone else who dares to dwell, or even visit, for me to express the vomit of my soul.

i know that sounds gross but one of my deepest desires in life right now is to seek truth. and to call my poetry vomit is truth. i don't mean that it's gross (although some of it might be). i mean that it rumbles in the depths of my being, churning and forming in a tumultuous struggle...sometimes a dance, secreting bile in unctious waves until it is catapulted forth through the vessel and into the stars.

i'm often left with a foul taste in my mouth but at the same time a deep satisfaction and sense of calm. kind of like vomit.

i've been writing for a long time, but hardly ever for the public. so as i venture into the unknown with you, it's difficult to know where to start. for me, there really are no beginnings or endings, so perhaps the best place to start is the middle. and so we begin. thanks for coming with me.

I wish i could be with you as you enter into this full moon
but perhaps you must go alone
there has been a totem visiting me for the past many days
engaging me in my dreamland
playing at the periphery of my awareness
dancing lightly yet spinning her tale
with force masked only by
the delicate grace
of ancient reptilian wisdom
and an unmistakable connection to you
in these stories
woven through the morning sky
shadowing the moon lit night
it's the lizard who bears
the burden of this initiation of fire
whose smoke spirals and twists in sister wind
whose spirit connects us with the vibrations
of mother earth
passion and spirituality
sexuality and transition
called forth by the lunar power
initiation into the underworld
connected to the mystery of
your birth
she is beckoning me
an offering to explore
sacred connection
to healing and transformation
confrontation of fear
and awakening our greatest gifts
in this trial of strength and balance
she invites us to discover what our relationships with others
teach us about ourselves
these cold blooded creatures whose warmth
reflects their physical realm
igniting creative fires within
giving new birth and expression wherever
we find
our
selves
this lizard
who sheds and eats her own skin
to begin again
this lizard
who follows me now
who
belongs to you
to me
to the moon

this lizard in my dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment