Thursday, February 21, 2013

I have been struggling to find the words, and then the words suddenly found me. I have been living and eating and dreaming this revolution since I was a little girl, growing up in a big house with a nice pool in suburbia. I had a big bedroom with warm blankets that my grandma quilted. I had 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 parents and a little brother who loved me even though I beat on him occasionally. I narrowly avoided Ritalin, discovered alternate interventions, and managed to achieve so-called success as a social worker. The Canadian Dream. 
I have been a front line social worker for almost 30 years. I can tell you stories, but I won’t because they’re confidential, but what I will tell you is that I have seen suffering. I am disgusted and ashamed to say that much of the suffering I have seen has been at the hands of our Canadian Government. Blatant lies, disregard for humanity, cruelty, abuse. These are charges I wage against our Government. Not just this Fascist regime…the ones before it as well. 
I believe we are at a turning point in our history…when all of us…..when all women in particular…must rise and say NO. Our mother earth is demanding this of us. We can do this by creating community, spreading our love, and standing tall in our truth. We deserve it. Our children deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment