Friday, April 7, 2017

I remember when i was a little girl
someone taught me
WAR IS BAD
but we are 'right'
then i skipped and hopped through life
hearing of atrocities far far away
and i kept thinking
WAR IS BAD
'but we are right'
and then i grew up in the cold war
i didn't even really know what that meant
except that it was colder in russia than in canada
and we were better at hockey
and when i realized...
i cried
wrote really dark poetry about the end of the world
and burned it
i knew for a fact then
that
WAR IS BAD
and maybe we are not right
i discovered feminism and academia and poetry
and i affirmed
WAR IS BAD
i had children
three beautiful, brilliant incredible children
i did that!
i realized my power, my strength, my resolve
to remind humanity
WAR IS BAD
so now that is my mission, my drive, my passion
to rid the world of war
to find peace in another place
to smash the patriarchy that oppresses
to live and love in peace

No comments:

Post a Comment